Friday, July 17, 2009

The Attack!

AHHHH!!! Spiders are now, in cold hard fact, the most horrible living thing on the planet!! I can kill the flies myself!! Come and hear the spider tale I tell!
About 5 minutes ago, I got out of the shower and hopped into bed. (I am waiting for Jon to get home from work) I turned to face the wall and there was the spider from HugeSpidersVille on the wall waiting to greet my wet hair.
Being the brave girl I am, I said, I can handle this!! And ran to the kitchen for a hefty wad of paper towels, squished them in a ball then ran for the spider ready to fulfil my heroic act! As I stuffed the towels down onto the spider, something happened, the Houdini spider somehow escaped my threatening squish!!! (WHAT??!!)
Not once, did this escape artiste' manage, but 5 times!!! As my courage began to turn to weakness and fear, the loathsome eight-legs did something HORRIBLE, in all its unholiness, it JUMPED onto my hand!
In that moment, any ounce of hope and courage of this beast being sent to its maker, exploded to pieces and I let a blood-curling shriek rip through my throat and went into hysterics while the little devil vanished under my bed!! Once I calmed myself, I moved the bed in attempt to find the little creeper, but to no avail. And here I am perched atop my bed, not wanting to sleep, or even to put my head down for fear of the eight-legged beast to take its revenge on me in my sleep. ...really, what would you do.
So, I called my strong and brave shamen in shining shoulder pads (reference to Jon's WOW character) and told him there was an emergency and he needed to come home at once!! He asked what was wrong, so I told him.. and he did not come home. No, there is no happy ending to this tale. Hopefully, I can survive the night...

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could've been a fly on the wall to witness Abbey hopping around the bed in hysterics. Ha ha! The spider's probably plotting its revenge as I type, and he's probably pulling in reinforcements too! You'd better sleep with one eye open...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use a fly swatter. I swear, they're heaven sent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so horrible! I hate spiders that suddenly vanish and you can't find them. For some reason large spiders always live under my tv and seem to crawl out to the middle of the floor in the evening while we are watching it. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete